Date: Monday, 21 November 2022
Time: 14:00-15:30 GMT
The National Open Research Forum (NORF) is delighted to announce an online event on 21 November 2022 to launch Ireland’s National Action Plan for Open Research 2022-2030 and projects funded by the NORF 2022 Open Research Fund.
Ireland’s National Action Plan for Open Research outlines objectives and actions for the next chapter in Ireland’s transition towards Open Research. The process of developing the action plan was led by NORF, a broad group that combines the expertise of representatives from policy, research funding organisations, research performing organisations, the library sector, research infrastructures, enterprise and other key stakeholders in the research system across Ireland.
The National Action Plan builds on a number of national policies and international recommendations and serves as a roadmap for the implementation of open research across Ireland. Implementation will be overseen by NORF and delivered under Impact 2030: Ireland’s Research and Innovation Strategy with the support of the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research Innovation and Science (DFHERIS).
Funding of €1.725 million has been provided by DFHERIS via the HEA to support priority actions commencing in 2022. NORF has awarded funding to six projects that will have responsibility for implementing the following priority actions:
- National Open Access Monitoring: to develop a monitor for open access at the national level to publish, analyse and track progress towards 100% OA.
- Open Access Repository Assessment and Alignment: to conduct a national programme of repository alignment to deliver standardised metadata nationally while building infrastructure in line with international best practices.
- Open Access Transition Programme: to conduct a feasibility study and pilot with a view to establishing a national platform for Diamond OA publication of journals and books.
- Open Research Training Programme: to develop a national open research training programme to enable researchers at all stages of their career to upskill in open research practices.
- National Data Stewardship Network: to establish a national network across research performing organisations, funders, and related research support services and infrastructures to build national capacity in FAIR data management and stewardship.
- Shared Data Storage Pilot: to develop a national shared data storage service for active data, starting with a pilot for diverse research groups.
These important initiatives will be launched online on 21 November 2022, at 14:00. All are welcome to attend. The event is free but registration is required.
Following a welcome and overview of the National Action Plan for Open Research by the National Open Research Coordinator, participants will be introduced to each of the projects funded under the NORF 2022 Open Research Fund.
Registration is available at this link.